Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Can we invent a new word for "Diet" please?



Once again I am preparing myself mentally for another Journey.   One that I have taken several times in my life!  I hope to use this blog to help me with the ups and downs...as I am sure there will be many (past experience has taught me that much!).   


A little background history for those of you that choose to come along with me.


My entire life I have been "big" is the nicest way I know to put it. In elementary school I was the biggest girl in the class and it followed me all through high school too.  Although in High School there were many others like me too!  That seemed to make it easier.  Easier to be fat!  Woohooo I said it! Seriously though I’m not fat, I just insist I'm 4 feet too short!!  I carry my weight very well  and most would be very surprised to see what the scale tips out at!  


A few years ago I decided it was time to do something about it!  I put my mind to it and started a new diet! Low carb even!  Went to the gym 5 days a week for at least an hour.  It took me over a year and half to do it but I was very successful because I lost 129lbs!  I had never felt so good in my life! Had never been so small! I could shop in the junior department if I wanted!  Life was good!


I got a phone call one day.  My mother was just diagnosed with acute Liver Disease. Liver disease is an affliction that i wouldn't wish on my worse enemy.  You would be extremely surprised at all the body functions that are controlled and filtered through your liver. My father suffers from various disabilities due to war injuries he sustained in Vietnam and has a mild case of dementia. I started going over to "help" them out with daily chores,grocery store runs, Drs visits ya know the things your parents need when they get older.  It got to the point to where I was spending more time at their house than mine.  So to make a long story short I ended up moving in to help them on a more permanent basis. 


Since I have moved back in with them and have not had much time to myself, no gym, diet geared to their diet...I have gained back over 60lbs!  So its time to get busy! I know that I need to mentally prepare myself for this so have set a goal of Monday to begin!  I hope you come along with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment